Friday, November 21, 2008

CASTAWAYS OF THE FLYING DUTCHMAN SERIES by Brain Jacques

Gold Stars
I really liked these books. Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, The Angel's Command, and Voyage of Slaves. While I enjoyed them all, the second and third were my favorites as the series got better and better as it went along. I would love to see another book in this series. Imagine a story about characters called on an eternal mission of doing good where ever they felt impressed to wander without purse or script...never lingering very long in any single place because they do not age in the natural sense. Yet, forming bonds of friendship which they are sad to leave behind, but ever diligent in their response to the Angel's command. These are not religious books, but are unpredictable, intriguing and especially in the second and third books quite suspenseful. I love stories with morals and these have many.

No comments: