Monday, December 22, 2008

Love Yourself

Someone once said, "Those who deserve love the least, need it the most."

That little thought came into my head this morning as I was introspecting. If we look to the example Jesus Christ set for us we can see how he applied this principle. He loved without boundaries. He showed us how to love each other with open hearts, with forgiveness, with compassion, and with mercy. It is easy to see how we can apply the statement outwardly of ourselves. But we could also apply the statement inwardly. At times I sometimes feel unworthy of love, but if I let myself, I can see that those are the times that I need love the most. In my guilt laden moments I tend to push love away. If we keep working at it, I think we can love not only others, but also ourselves the way Christ intended, with more open hearts, more forgiveness, more compassion, and more mercy.

2 comments:

T * R * B said...

It is so hard for me to love my self when all I feel is love for everyone else. It makes sense to hear Jesus wants us to love everyone including our self.

Rachel said...

Amen! Exactly what I needed to hear right now. Thank you