Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chocolate Mousse

This is my sister-in-law's recipe. It is...I don't think I can come up with an appropriate word to describe the ecstasy of it! Makes my mouth water with just the memory....

Ecstasy Chocolate Mousse

1 cup whipping creme
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp cold water
1 tsp Knox gelatin
2 Tbsp boiling water

Mix cold water with the gelatin to soften. Then add the hot water until dissolved, and let cool. Mix sugar and cocoa powder together in mixing bowl then fold in whipping cream and vanilla and gelatin. Beat until stiff. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Just in time for Daniel's birthday. He requested a made-up dessert...and the middle layer is mousse. anna laughed thinking it was the animal. anyway, i love your blog and your thoughts and thougtfulness. i think i'm going to start a blog. soon. I'll let you know. You are a blessing to me, Lora!
Sarah Brown

Rachel said...

MMmmmm....Looks soooo yummy!!! And I love Redwoods hairdo! Very funny!