Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peter Pan Movie Quotes

Last year I saw the Peter Pan movie that came out in 2003. I liked it. These are my favorite quotes from the movie. Both scenes were beautifully done, and include the mother Mrs. Darling...

Michael: Mother, can anything harm us after the night lights are lit?
Mrs. Darling: No, Precious. They are the eyes a mother leaves behind to guard her children.

And this one, when they are talking about their father...

Mrs. Darling: There are many different kinds of bravery. There's the bravery of thinking of others before one's self. Now, your father has never brandished a sword nor... nor fired a pistol, thank heavens. But he has made many sacrifices for his family, and put away many dreams.
Michael: Where did he put them?
Mrs. Darling: He put them in a drawer. And sometimes, late at night, we take them out and admire them. But it gets harder and harder to close the drawer... and he does. And that is why he is brave.

I am a dreamer. I freely admit it. One of my best friends during high school once said to me, "Lora, you are so dreamy!" I really can't help it, and it's not a part of me that I would seek to change. Over the years I have tucked away many dreams, and sometimes I take them out and admire them, play with them, or perhaps begin to fulfill them. We have so many choices in life, and I think that to be a mother or a father, not just the conception part, but to really be a parent, takes it's own kind of bravery. We make many sacrifices as parents, but the rewards - though usually not immediate - are great. There are some immediate rewards...like joy. My children give me something to laugh about every day. I would not trade this dream of being a mother for any of my other dreams, and I have many. I am grateful to Father in Heaven for giving me this privilege, and for the gift of being able to stay at home with my children and share in the story of their lives.

2 comments:

Persimmon said...

You are the best woman ever.

heather said...

That's great. And true. I've got lots of dreams in a drawer too.