Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thankful Day

Okay, So I tried to have Thankful Thursday, but I can't seem to remember to be Thankful on Thursday. It's not that I'm not ever thankful on Thursday's, I just, you know, forget to post about it. So today it's just Thankful Day...

Today I am grateful...
-that I have been healthy most of my life, and that I rarely get sick.
-for time to spend with my family.
-for the words of the prophets who lived long ago that are preserved in the scriptures. I came across a scripture this week that goes along with my word of the year. It's in 2 Chronicles Chapter 20 verse 20. The end of the verse states: "...Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper." Even in the Old Testament you can see the pattern. When the people are obedient to God's commandments they have times of quiet, peace, and prospering; but when they forget the Lord, they are blessed with trials to help them remember their dependence upon Him.
-for friends. I have had few really close friends in my life, but those I have, I treasure.

No comments: