Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

HA! Look at me! I remembered to do my Thankful Thursday on a Thursday!

Today I am grateful....
-For how pretty the ice looks as it falls out of the trees today. We've had an ice storm this week, and today it's starting to melt.
-For how beautiful the world looks in white. We haven't had any real snow this year, but the ice rain on the ground got pretty thick and then was covered with a thin layer of snow on top.
-That the boys have all taken turns playing with Apple the last few days while we've been stuck at home. I had to use the timer, but hey, they've done it without too much grumbling. I've made them take 30 min turns playing whatever she wanted to play. Redwood grumbles the most about playing Ponyville, but secretly he does like it a little, sometimes, when they've made up some new dance or something else packed with silliness. Hickory played kitchen with Apple, and they cooked lots of play food or made picnics. Ash usually played Legoman's with Apple, which apparently is a new favorite game for her. I'm not sure how it goes, as they invented it, but she loves it and so does Redwood.
-That I finished a portrait this week that I've been working on a long time. I would have finished it a long time ago, but I was distracted by other stuff.
-For work that satisfies. I love the scripture in 2 Nephi 9:51, that says : "Wherefore, do not spend your money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy..." I have thought of those words often in my life. Sometimes I have to evaluate how I spend my time, and if the work that I choose to use up my time with is the kind of work that satisfies. Is it work or effort worthy of my time? Does it help me to become a better me? Does it help me grow? Does it help someone else? Does it help me to draw nearer to my Father in Heaven and my Savior? Does it help me build good memories or nurture my relationship with my family?

No comments: