Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wordfull Wednesday: Wishes

Because I love poetry, I decided that I would try to write a poem for the Wordfull Wednesday topics, just to challenge myself and for fun. As I thought about what I wished for as a child, two things came to mind, magical powers and millions of dollars. Even from a young age I felt oppressed by the problems that existed in the world and in my family, and I figured that magical powers and millions of dollars would solve all the woes. Yeah, I know...doesn't always work that way, but I wanted to make a difference and I wanted to help. So I had all my plans worked out just in case I found a genie or something.
Here's my Wishes poem for today...

Wishes

In youthful days that once were mine
My eye would often gaze,
Up to the stars to seek a sign
Where twinkling wishes blaze.

Hoping perhaps my hearts request
Might find a way to be,
And grant me courage in my quest
For possibility.

For every wish within my heart
Could soon be realized,
If embolden, my soul would start
To build what it devised.

My young heart often sought such things
As treasure chests and gold,
Or to take flight on feathered wings
And never to grow old.

Now I yearn less for such glories
But still I do believe,
Happy ends aren't just for stories,
But really are to be.

Lora L Robertson

5 comments:

kjha said...

What a wonderful poem. Cocoa really knows how to find people with TALENT! (also loved your drawings)

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

If embolden, my soul would start
To build what it devised.
Love that line!

It does take work to make our wishes come true.

Rachel said...

Lovely poem! I am amazed at the talent you have and the way in which you choose to use your talents!

Inga said...

Yeah! I love that one! Beautiful!!

athena said...

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog post. i see you're quite the poet AND artist! such beautiful poetry.