Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wordfull Wednesday

Cocoa's Wordfull Wednesday challenge this week is "New Beginnings." She did a beautiful post on the topic. I thought this was a hard one. When I was young, for the most part I anticipated new beginnings with excitement. Over the years my excitement has gradually been replaced with feelings of dread or stressful anticipation. In the last year, however, I've been trying to rejuvenate some of my happiness and resurrect the innate sense of joy and peace that I once carried with me despite my circumstances. I have felt myself growing, and finding those happy feelings again. I am grateful that sometimes New Beginnings allow us to learn about ourselves, and that their continuous occurrence in our lives does not have to be dreaded; but can, rather, be embraced.
With my thoughts in a mush, I decided to write a poem about New Beginnings...


Begin...
where my feet stand
I hope and dream
and wonder
Where...
shall I go far
reaching, seeing
discovering
Finding...
what I truly seek
love, goodness
peace and
Life...
full of joy and hope
doubt, fear, and griefs
fade - for
Faith...
to fill my soul
and love enough
to just
Believe...
I will not fall
each step a
new beginning
Free...
my light will shine
unsuppressed
and flowing
Reaching...
beyond myself
learning, ever growing
becoming
Me...


Lora L Robertson

5 comments:

James and Aimee said...

What a beautiful poem! It is so good to remember that faith really does remove fear and doubts if I will but have that faith. Thank you.

Meg said...

Lovely poem! What a great way to organize your hopes and dreams.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Lovely poem. Really! I want to print it off and put it on my bathroom mirror to remind me to embrace the new beginnings that come my way.

kjha said...

That is an inspiring poem. Thank you for sharing!

Bre said...

You always have such beautiful inspiring blogs :) Are you all healthy now?? We need to get together again so Katelyn can snuggle you! We don't mind getting out or having company so just let us know