Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm infinitesimal

I love to think about what an infinitesimal speck I am sometimes. I like to envision what an infinitesimal speck our planet is. I love to look up at the stars and wonder about other planets and galaxies, and what it would be like to travel at the speed of light. I have always loved space. When I was young being an astronaut was on my list of things to be when I grew up, but so were A LOT of other ideas. I feel in awe of God and his unfathomable greatness. I thought this video was cool. Hopefully I managed to imbed it. I also love the Astronmy picture of the day website. It's VERY educational, and inspiring, and full of beautiful pictures click here to see the NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive.

Psalms 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalms 147:4-5
4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.
5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

2 comments:

Momza said...

What a great wondrous video. It reminds me that my life is indeed a small one, but my joy is full enough for one so small.

heather said...

and to think that God knows us all so personally and individually...