Friday, February 13, 2009

My Journal, My Friend

I recently came to the end of my longest journal. It was twice as thick as the one's I'd had before, and it has lasted me a whole EIGHT years. I never thought it would last that long when I bought it. I thought maybe five or six, but never did I think eight. I always have a medley of feelings when I get to the end of one. A little bit of conclusion, wonder, sadness, anticipation and hope. I thought about just doing online journaling or using my computer to journal on, but I just can't bring myself to give up the paper. I just love the touch of paper and the pen in my hand too much to give it up. The paper is smooth and clean and always willing and ready to accept my thoughts, my feelings, my pains, my hopes, and my prayers. It is ever patient, and doesn't frown or reprimand, but in its own way soothes and heals. It encourages with blank lines ready to listen and receive. I have learned many, many, many, many, many, many things from keeping a journal over the years. My journals have been my dearest friends. I will ever be grateful to myself for having kept one all these years.

1 comment:

Momza said...

I too, keep a personal journal..and have for all of my adult life. I also keep one for each of my children and feel those pages are sacred to me.
Very nice post.