Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wordfull Wednesday: Poetry

Cocoa's Wordfull Wednesday this week is on poetry, so how could I resist...
Here's my poem for the week.
A Field of Faith
Fertile soil
fresh earth
A field of faith
I planted
Seeds so small
I watered
with my tears
I nourished
with my strength
I weeded
with calloused hands
on aching knees
And I waited
ever watchful
for my seedlings
to appear
And I waited
for the Lord
to bless my faith
with life
And then
one day
far within my field
A single sprout
reached it's tiny leaves
up out
of the dark earth
and stretched it's way
up to the light
And oh, what joy
such a seemingly
small thing
created
saturating my soul
with hope
Then all the labor
I had wrought
seemed little
for the gift I got.

Lora L Robertson


11 comments:

Aimee said...

What a lovely poem. Faith is such a joyful thing and does far out weigh the effort it takes to achieve it. Thank you!

Meg said...

What a beautiful way to express eternal perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Perfectly lovely. I can apply this poem to so many areas of my life. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Esther said...

So nicely done...thank you.

kjha said...

This brought tears to my eyes. So true and beautiful!

Mommymita said...

Beautiful and inspiring poem - thanks for sharing it

Jamie said...

So sweet, and simply beautiful!

the lazy reader said...

It is so true. So much work and the reward is so great. You caught it!

Sonja said...

Beautifully expressed. I've often had those same thoughts as I've been out in the garden, but I could not have expressed them so well.

Rachel said...

Very touching and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your talent and personal feelings! I love your thoughts and poems...they really bring a little bit of peace and the spirit to me!

heather said...

That is just so beautiful. Thank you.