Thursday, May 28, 2009

Food Poetry

I love poetry. It's no secret. For me poetry is saying something in a beautiful or meaningful way that you could state otherwise. Recently I went out for dessert with two of my favorite people, who also happen to be my sister's-in-law. I had determined that I would get a fruit smoothie, because I've been trying to count my calories lately. However, I had never before experienced the luxuriousness of the Cheesecake Factory, and when you walk in they have all their 30 PLUS cakes on display literally shouting, "EAT ME, EAT ME, EAT ME!!!!!!!" The smoothie was $6 which was the same price as a piece of cake, and after reading their food poetry all over their menu, who could resist. Everything on the menu is described in such a beautiful way that your mouth begins to wonder if it's died and gone to food heaven! This is quoted from their menu under the CHOCOLATE TOWER TRUFFLE CAKE: "Layers and Layers of Fudge Cake with Chocolate Truffle Cream and Chocolate Mousse." Did you read that slow enough, or did you skim it quickly? Savor the words people! I opted for two cakes, and they were huge portions. After much deliberation, I got the CHOCOLATE TOWER TRUFFLE CAKE™ and the LEMONCELLO CREAM TORTE. I took home my the truffle cake and cut it into six pieces so that I could share it with my family. The food was like heaven in my mouth! Have you ever tasted something so incredibly good that from the moment it entered your mouth, you were thinking, "OH . . . MY . . . HECK!!! THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!" Yep, it was really that good. I really wanted to take my fork and go take a bite of every single thing they served just so I could see if it was all that good.
The lemoncello was FABULOUS! It was, "Layers of Vanilla Cake and Lemon Mascarpone Cream Topped with Streusel and Served with Strawberries and Whipped Cream." Ahhhhhhh, the memory!!!
All nice dining places use food poetry. Really, who wants to eat a hamburger, when you could have a 100% beef patty grilled to perfection atop a freshly baked bun, with vine ripened tomatoes, a crispy dill pickle and green leaf lettuce!!

2 comments:

Bre said...

Oh how I wish I remembered the description of my Blueberry White Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake!

T * R * B said...

awwww cheese cake yummy goodness!!!!